Wednesday, January 17, 2007

So I made a meal plan...

Is it really a bad sign if you stray from the master plan on the initial day of implementation? Just because I made a meal plan for the remainder of the week doesn't mean that I need to follow it, does it? The plan called for meatloaf tonight. That would have required a stop at the grocery store, didn't quite make it there today. So I decided to do french toast for dinner instead. Uh oh! Now we are in trouble, french toast was on the schedule for breakfast tomorrow...guess we are going to have to have meatloaf instead. I don't know why I bother to cook anyway. The little one scoffs at everything I put in front of her today. I was still trying to finish the french toast and she already wanted out of her chair. French toast was thrown in all directions, every direction except the goal...that cute little mouth. I needed a few more minutes without a baby in arms, so I did the unthinkable, I pulled out the cheerio box...again. If you are what you eat, then Lucy is definetly a cheerio. Not such a bad thing I guess. Cute, round, mostly likable, healthy. But really, can you be turned in to child protection for feeding nothing but cheerios? If I am what I eat, then tonight it was cold french toast and Elena's left over milk (guess I should have just eaten while I cooked, like I generally do at breakfast-time, but this was the dinner hour, and I have this thing about having dinner as a family.)
So I decided to print out a new meal plan. I ran it past the vice president and she thought it looked great, as long as I added a peanut butter and Jelly sandwich from time to time. So here it is: breakfast: Cheerios, Lunch: PB & J, Snack: Cheerios, Dinner: Honey Nut Cheerios. In reality, I'm going to start that new meal plan...tomorrow...but not until after breakfast, because we just had french toast for dinner - guess we will just have to substitute...Cheerios
I'm all out of Cheerios!
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: