Sunday, February 15, 2009

Ft Lewis

I've made it to Ft Lewis. It's a beautiful area, about 45 minutes from Seattle, and 2 hours from Portland. The first weekend here, I was able to get off and dip down to Jon and Cindy's for a three day weekend. Not wanting to be a leader without men, I took one of my privates with me (I extended the invitation so as to not leave him stranded.) On Friday Eric and Hubred and I went East to the mountains for sightseeing and a hike.

Notice the house

My Cousin Eric.

A few days later, it was back to work. This was probably the most physically demanding of my Advance Party days. We unloaded more than 1,000 weapons, and put them into the vaults. this was about a six hour job, of moving crates and racks, and making sure each and every weapon was clear of ammo before Ft lewis would let us put them away! ARRRGGG!
The Main Body ARRIVES. This is McCord AFB, their flight in the foreground, Rainier in the background.

This is a blurry pic from our barracks. You can't really see in the pic, but Mt Rainier is beautiful (center frame)!

And last and least, our barracks area. we had snow for about 1.5 days. Last taste of home for a while?

No comments: